Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Newsletter 103




I got a lot of criticism for using the word "handicapped" in the last newsletter. I am sorry if this offended anyone, my excuse is that the only relevant word used in France is handicappe and I was not aware of the big changes in the use of PC English in the last 20 years. Interestingly the people writing to me from wheelchairs had no qualms or criticism and used much stronger words to describe the frustrations and pain of their own situations.



If anyone has a rental property or services designed for people with restricted mobility or ability - I will give them free publicity across our sites and will try to make some special sites to publicise these services.



Meanwhile if anyone knows who manages the Ian Dury estate, I would like to use words or titles from his songs to publicise and promote some ideas. Also if anyone want to work with me on this project please send me an email, programming skills, time and money will be welcome.



==



It seems that "harvest mites" are a very common problem in France. If you own a rental property and a guest complains about fleas or bed-bugs then the odds are it is these pests which they picked up on a walk - if you are staying in a gite and get bitten - don't automatically blame the owner or hotel - get some gunge from the chemist.



==



We have some powerful websites for rentals and real-estate which have been successful Internet marketing tools for over 6 years.I am looking for a partner or partners to help me develop some new software and ideas, preferably in the USA or the UK as developing a business in France is severely handicapped (that word again), please email me if you are interested.



=======



In this newsletter issue 103...



1. Is It Safe to Rent From Private Owners

2. Time-Share or Leaseback

3. Where to Stay in Pezenas

4. Currencies Direct are the Best Buy

5. Help With Renting

6. Above ground Pools

7. Rabbit and Pork

8. Travel Help Line

9. How do I find the right property



=======



1. Is It Safe to Rent From Private Owners



I am about to rent a property which I found on your website. The owner has asked for me to make payment in full to her bank account. Would I be covered by your company if, say, when I arrive the property doesn't exist or they keep the money and I can't get a key etc
David



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/183



Is It Safe to Rent From Private Owners



=======



2. Time-Share or Leaseback



We rented a lovely house through you in September 2004. It was so wonderful that we fell in love with Menton and recently went back to look for a property to buy. We did not find a property but we put a deposit on a timeshare of one month at the Residence de la Plage, are you familiar with this property? I am hoping that you could give us some advice.



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/182



Time-Share or Leaseback



=======



3. Where to Stay in Pezenas



Can you recommend any hotels in Nizas or Pezenas? Also, is there a good website for the towns in this area; what's going on, concerts, fetes etc.



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/181



Where to Stay in Pezenas



=======



4. Currencies Direct are the Best Buy



Definitely do not buy any currency from your bank, the foreign exchange shops in the high road or through travel agents.



The rate of exchange you can get can be much better, safe, secure and simple, takes 10 minutes and can save you a lot.



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/180



Best Currency Deals



======



5. Help With Renting



Tony, We are thinking of renting our property in France your website looks interesting but do you also manage change overs.



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/179



Help With Renting



best wishes



Tony



=======



6. Above ground Pools



Tony

I have a kit pool bought from a supermarket and erected in my garden by a friend. It is 4.5 meters diameter and 1.2 m deep. It is easily dismantled and last winter I kept it in the garden shed. Because of the slope of the garden, part of the pool is surrounded by earth. I have plastic fencing around the pool with a narrow opening straight onto the patio, just wide enough to take the step ladder. Do I need to comply with the stringent pool laws?



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/178



Above ground Pools



=======



7. Rabbit and Pork



Tony

I believe most French school children learn English as their first foreign language, but when I ask the young people in my bank or insurance agents if they speak English they almost invariably say they don't. I am happy to speak in French but I am just interested in why they won't even have a go at practising their English.



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/177



Rabbit and Pork



=======



8. Travel Help Line



You are traveling through a country where you don't speak the language. You have a problem, someone is lost, you are stopped by the police, miss your passport or want to change your room. Even just book a good restaurant or buy a bunch of flowers.



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/176



European help-Line



=======



9. How do I find the right property



Dear Tony,



Many thanks for this Newsletter and all those that have come before. Some have been very helpful and most of them informative.



My wife and I have been looking quite hard at the Gers region of France to find a property which we could use as a holiday home and eventually retire into, whilst being able to earn a few pennies by having a Gite business



To read the rest of this article, please go to



http://www.fblog.com/?q=node/view/175



How do I find the right property



=======

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Gary Ingram said...

Maybe a bit late but if anyone is looking for a property in Pezenas then our website good prove to be a good resource.

Languedoc Property Finders

Gary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home